Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Polymer Clay Wall Art- "Green Shade Gate"

She's finished! The piece is currently titled "Green Shade Gate". 
I enjoyed the suggestions about her hair colour- it's auburn and so many of you guessed correctly! What is in the basket? Lavender. I think she's heading to the Galiano Island Saturday market to sell fragrant fresh bunches. The suggestion for the basket to be filled with mushrooms was delicious. She's in a deciduous forest though so I think another piece with a lady in a coniferous forest searching for chantrelles would be lovely.
She's not entirely completed- this piece will be placed in a black or dark brown floating frame.

What is my next project? A hint... I'm doing a huge desk cleanup- buying a new can of butane and unwrapping my new firing block. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

  1. It came out fantastic! As all your work. The hair color and fluidity is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I've been organizing my studio/ desk too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is it going to be metal clay??? :) Waiting for the next project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh gera!!!!!!!!!! green shade speaks to me! a real story piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just gorgeous! I want to step right up and meet her! I love the colors and the layers and layers of beauty. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful. I jus love the hair color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely...i can imagine the wonderfull scent of the woods and lavender. A real beauty Gera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What material did you use for the armature of her body? Was it wire?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chaylife- If you scroll back through the blog for the 10 days or so you'll be able to see the way the piece was contructed from the bare wooden board.

    cheers!
    gera

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am impressed by the result. I was wondering all the time where you were leading us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about it, Gera...you did an incredible job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Gera she is a real beauty! I just love how you captured the free-spirit of the West Coast Islands. The lavender was a perfect choice for the basket. You can almost smell its lovely fragrance as she heads to the market!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to catch up with her and walk with her, just to know her even more.

    Exquisite. Just exquisite.

    Debbie Goodrow

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!