Thursday, January 13, 2011

Today's Reading and Yesterday's Progress

My morning magazine today was the July 2009 issue of Art Jewelry. I ofte feel like a Venusian wandering through a Martian Mall when I read the metal working articles so I was grateful for a wonderfully detailed article by Hadar Jacobsen  that presented a method for combining metal clay with sheet metal clay with basic soldering. I was especially interested in this as I have a soldering workshop next week at Pouncing Rain in Bellingham Washington!
Yesterday I didn't actually use much clay, I was focused on the background image layout which is printed on silk. It looks a bit odd at this point but there is method to the madness!

Today is a Clay Day. Tonight is a metal night- I'll be taking a Hammered Link  Necklace Class at Skanda Designs here in Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!