Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Underway again!


I'm relieved to report the piece is okay and work is underway again. I realised that the canvas was actually a cast . I removed it from the frame and cut out the damaged section then placed the "cast" on a new frame! I'm collaging and sculpting a new section which I like even more than before. The technique may work for other pieces too- particularly as an approach for work that's too big for the oven.  Serendipity!


Here's my work in progress- I'm working on the floor as a table or easel  is quite awkward .


Thanks for so many encouraging comments. The oil slick suggestions were certainly timely - I wish the mess in the Gulf could be rectified as easily as my "oil slick" was. It's more than heartbreaking.

2 comments:

  1. Gera, So glad to hear that you managed to come up with a solution and even learned something handy along the way-that is always a bonus!It is looking great but I bet it's even more impressive in person, as you'd be able to see firsthand all the dimension and textural details. Have a great (and productive) long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely intriguing to watch this in progress. Your clever thinking and positive thinking produced a brilliant solution. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!