Saturday, February 20, 2010

Viewing the Olympic Games from Vancouver Island


Here's the gorgeous view from the place we're staying on our getaway. We're at Rathtrevor beach at Parksville on the east coast of Vancouver Island. There's plenty of beachfront to explore! It is hard to see details but if you double click the image to get the full sized photo you can see a snow covered mountain in the distance to the right of the photo-It's Cypress where the Olympic freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding events are being held. Now that it's night time I can see the lights on the mountain. I am not a huge fan of crowds so this is a good distance from the actual events for me!

Go Canada!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!! Looks gorgeous!! Have fun on your getaway! GO CANADA GO!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a huge fan of crowds either but sure am loving watching the games from my cozy home. enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!