Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Twigging Mixed Media Approaches

I shipped the last order yesterday, I've tidied my worktable and had time to add a background to my blog. Now I'll be able to do some daydreaming, beachcombing and sketching for when I return to "hands on" mixed media work in January.

Today I saw a link for a lovely twig lamp by Wildwoodpapers on the Daily Art Muse that reminded me of a project I did in 1998 or so when I was working with gourd art. The twigs are blueberry twigs and have held up very well through the years! They are a beautiful burgandy colour. I think I'll buy up a supply fron my local florist for mixed media projects as I know the durability of the material.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is beautiful. Good to know that things we make can stand the test of time. : )

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!