Monday, November 23, 2009

Polymer Clay BeachStone Strands & an Interview



Today I'm putting together BeachStone Strands. These are 40" long strands of my polymer clay faux beachstones strung to be worn as a single strand, doubled as a choker or if you're into funky looks, a multi-strand bracelet. I have a few OOAK variations in mind but these basic strands are in my aMused Shop in etsy for $45 and come in a gift box.
Speaking of BeachStones, I've been invited to do an artists' demo at the Legacy Gallery at Yates and Broad Street on December 11th from 1-4. I'm planning to be making BeachStones - I'm looking forward to it- the beach stone demonstrations are always a lot of fun! It's a great gallery with an excellent giftshop and cafe. A nice place to catch your breath during the chaos of Christmas shopping.
More news- Lorrie Grainger Abdo has begun a monthly Artist Spotlight Series and asked me to be her first featured artist! She's posted our interview and a selection of my images. Thanks Lorrie!

2 comments:

  1. came to your blog via the interview by Lorrie Grainger Abdo. your artwork is so wonderful. do you have any books or teach classes? i am retired and looking for an art form that fits me. i would very much like to try something like this. hillikayathotmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie- I do teach classes and will post announcements on my blog. A fantastic place to visit to learn just about EVERYTHING about Polymer Clay is http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
    You can even locate regional guilds there!
    g.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!