Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ridgeview #1- mixed media


I really felt as if I was in "the zone" when I did this mixed media piece which I've titled Ridgeview #1. The foreground and background are from one photo which I cut into two sections laying the green background directly on the canvas and putting the foreground on a raised section of polymer clay to give the 3D effect. The photo is printed on organza instead of silk and gives a more lighter and more textured effect with the appearance of the photo.

I like this one a lot and the best part is that I came up with some ideas that I'm excited about trying with the next one!

3 comments:

  1. Just fell in live with this one Gera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gera. love this one...wow, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled onto your blog. Your work is wonderful and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!