Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Planning Syndromation


My daughter Genevieve's Art Show "Syndromation" will open on April 6th at the University of Victoria's Art Education Department's A. Wilfrid Johns Gallery. We've managed to choose over 40 pictures plus several of her story books. This entailed going through over a THOUSAND drawings. Gen is prolific! She writes and illustrates stories so it's been a challenge coming up with ways to display the images in context- or to display an entire illustrated story on a wall in 2D format. We have a terrific team working on it though and things are going very smoothly.

Gen came up with the name "Syndromation". She celebrates her Asperger's Syndrome as a powerful and wonderful influence in her creativity.

The show will run from April 6-30 and we will have an opening reception on Saturday April 11. If you are in the vicinity of Victoria, BC email me for details amusedcreations@shaw.ca - friends of this blog are invited!

The photo is of Gen and Shauna from the UVic School of Child and Youth Care. Shauna is transcribing Gen's descriptions of her pictures. There was a lot of laughter as they worked!

2 comments:

  1. Gera please pass on my congratulations to Gen. If I could jump for joy beside her I would. I know you are a proud parent. I love the explanation of the name for her show. Well done Gen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for your family! Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to hearing more about it as you get closer to the date. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!