Saturday, February 28, 2009

Administrivia and meanderings

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. The pasta machine hasn't been used since I returned from Horizons. I've had to deal with a lot of the administrivia which is very necessary for running a craft-based business: editing photos to send to online marketplaces, printing out inventory lists for shipments to shops and galleries, tagging and boxing said items for shipping.

After all the papers, tape and sheets of bubble wrap were stowed away (yes, the studio is still fairly tidy) I decided to set up a one stop blog to promote my workshops.
Next on the To Do List was to go through a few requests for art donations. I wish people were as enthusiastic about buying work as they are about asking for donations of expensive pieces. That may sound jaded but I have a hunch I'm not the only one who feels the same sense of frustration. I recall once being tuned down for a juried show- not a problem, it happens to everyone, but I was steamed when the show that had rejected me had the nerve to ask for a donation with a minimum value of $200 for the Silent Auction at the same event! I have decided to send a piece in to one very worthy charity- more on that in a later post.

So it's Saturday and I plan to bundle up a final outgoing order of tile assemblages, moxies and a few other items so I can have a lovely Sunday drive up to Chemainus tomorrow and combine a delivery of work with a fun day off!
The tiles in the pictures are on their way to Chemainus!

2 comments:

  1. Those administrative meanderings....love the words, but not the work, lol.
    Come on over to my blog Gera....you got an award to pick up!
    Tina
    http://beadcomber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!