Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"Septima"..a new Muse


The first Muse finished in this series of three is "Septima". She was the figure on the right in the preliminary sketch. Her sisters are still on the worktable at separate stages of construction. Septima is 15 inches tall and is designed to hang on a wall. Septima and her sisters will be travelling to the Crafts Association of BC to be displayed for sale at the Diabetes and Edocrinology Conference at the end of October.

Speaking of travelling, I'll be away for a Thanksgiving break. I'll be visiting beautiful Saltspring Island. Here's the little cottage where I'll be staying.....

Finally, kudos to my friend Tina Holden who was featured today in Polymer Clay Notes! Tina is a fellow Vancouver Islander and we both share the BeachStone addiction ...our pockets are stretched out of shape from collecting stones on our beach walks and our worktables are littered with a combination of real and faux BeachStones! Her Blog link is in the list on the right.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I want to go to that cottage.

    And Septima is beautiful! I want to know how you do your faces.

    Your blog is amazing.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!