Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....

....a quotation attributed to Albert Einstein. I can relate (no pun intended) as I view my table top piled high with polymer clay BeachStones & Stemware charms in stage 2 of production.
When you sell at shows, galleries and shops production is all important. Having established "lines" at a good price point are usually the mainstay of a craft-related enterprise. Maintaining a supply can challenge the sanity of a creative person though! To maintain my marbles and to avoid repetitive movement injuries I try to change the work on a daily basis... Moxies on Monday, BeachStones on Tuesday and so on. I'm fortunate to avoid Einstein's prescription for insanity in that even though the items are all created using the same process, each one is unique upon completion.


Here's my worktable- midpoint in assembling a batch of Stemware Charms.

1 comment:

  1. love it love it love it

    probably why i don't do production is that i am already insane!!!!!

    iggy

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!